Sunday, March 6, 2011

Inspired by Fight Club

Yes, the movie.

I feel like the overall message of the movie is so...potent(?)

Why do we not do what we want to do? Is it because it is socially unacceptable? Is it because it is not what our friends expect of us? Or is it because we hold ourselves back because something is 'too hard' or whatever? (As a sidenote, I understand there are things that would fit into these categories, and it is a good thing that they are not approved of, but there are also many things that

would benefit others that we don't do. And those things are what I will focus on.)


For me, I want to make other people happy. I want to make their day (better). I like to make people laugh. I like to help others to see why it is that they are valued as a friend and as a person. I want to give compliments. I want to give hugs. I want to give money. I want to give encouragement. I want to help others with the things they are going through.

Overall, I want to be more than what I am.


So I try. Sort of. There are many things I only say in my head. Some of those it is good I keep them in (I have noticed more of those lately, and I am not pleased about that.) but others...others should really be let free. There are many things in my head that I feel like I should tell people.

Thank you.

I love you.

I am glad you are in my life.

God is so good!

Can I have a hug?

You are someone I admire, and here is why...


Things like that. I want to be more positive. I want to spread the love, if you will. (as I laugh in my head :P)


And I will stop there for now. This was intended for the note I wrote on facebook, but it felt like it was too much about me, and not about the movie. So I moved it here.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment