There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (NIV)There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection]. (Amplified)Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced His perfect love. (NLT)There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. (ESV)
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
Sometimes, yeah, He does. So hey, is it a balancing act? Bah, I don't know. But in the situations I am speaking about above, I think it is better to be told a stinging truth than a fluffy lie.
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Thursday, May 5, 2011
--Hey, is that a gun?
Guy: Paint a self-portrait.
Other guy: Build a house.
You have to know the answer to this question! If you died right now, how would you feel about your life?
Not good enough.
Monday, May 2, 2011
1. Many people ‘join’ a particular religion because they report experiencing a supernatural, or divine, event. Some claim to feel something within them change; others claim having a vision or hearing a voice of some kind. Another group may seem to say that they suddenly see how they have been ‘called’ towards this particular set of beliefs for their whole life, but the pieces are only now clicking together. This experience of the divine is a central part of many religions, and it is nearly impossible to convince someone that their perceptions were faulty. Also, you cannot simply say that an experience was inaccurate, as the same could be said of your own. The argument of skepticism is a dangerous weapon to wield, so I will not go too far into that.There is also an argument that can be made that what can be perceived by everyone, such as the stars, the earth, and the life on the earth. Some would say that the things of this world/universe illustrate qualities of the divine, and since these are perceptible by all, everyone has experienced an aspect of divinity. Some, however, do not realize what they are experiencing because, perhaps, they have not been told. It could also be that the perceiver is simply choosing to ignore the ‘divine’ elements of the perception, or the reality that is being perceived.
Sunday, May 1, 2011
- 'Mother knows best' [Arrogance]
- Mocking Rapunzel [Disrespect]
- Telling Rapunzel that she is not good enough [Lying]
- Only telling Rapunzel about the 'bad' things in the world [Pessimism]
- 'All good things to those who wait' [Used in the case for revenge]
- Uses deception to accomplish her goals (which are selfish) [combination of Lying & Selfishness]
- Only wants Rapunzel for her hair powers [More Selfishness]
Flynn: Are you ok?
Rapunzel: I'm terrifiedWhy?
I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be?
It will be.
And what if it is? What do I do then?
Well,that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream.
This world is dark, and selfish, and cruel. If it finds even the slightest ray of sunshine, it destroys it.
This is from the 'mother' and it is actually accurate, in my opinion. Whatever is not of the world is not welcomed by the world...
If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’ -John 15:18-25
Flynn: I can't let you do this-Rapunzel: And I can't let you die...But if you do this, then you will die...Its gonna be alright!